Digital Marketing Tips for Sales Events
Does your dealership have a sales event coming up? If so, failing to promote it correctly may result in disappointing sales figures.
Luckily, marketing a sales event isnt difficult. Just follow these four simple tips and you are sure to enjoy some impressive results:
1. Announce the Event on Local Directories
The majority of people who will attend your sales event live within an hour of your dealership. As such, you should focus your early marketing efforts on local directories such as:
- Google Business Profile
- Bing Places
- Yelp, and
These directories allow you to announce the details of your event to the residents of your city, luring more local business and foot traffic.
Its possible to make these announcement posts manually. However, this can be very time-consuming. If you want to make the process easier, we recommend using FastListings! You can update hundreds of listings in a matter of moments. Check it out!
2. Generate Buzz on Social Media
Once you have announced your sales event on a selection of local directories, it is time to begin creating some buzz on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The best ways to generate excitement include:
- Going live to answer customer questions about the event
- Posting pictures of the vehicles that will go on sale, and
- Creating videos that discuss the main features of your cars.
Its generally best to begin promoting your sales event at least a few weeks in advance. If you leave it too late, prospective buyers may have already scheduled other activities for the day (or days) of your sale.
FZA Digital recommends posting to your dealerships social media accounts at least a few times a week for best results.
3. Discuss Your Deals in a Blog
Many shoppers will be excited about the mere prospect of a sales event. However, some of your customers will want more details before they commit to driving to your showroom.
Posting a blog to your dealerships website is undoubtedly the best way to provide them with the information they need. This blog should include:
- The date of your sales event
- The location of your showroom
- Pictures of the vehicles that will be on sale, and
- A description of your biggest deals or promotions
When writing your blog, keep the following tips in mind:
- Keep It Short: Nobody wants to read a huge wall of text.
- Use Headers: They make it easier for readers to find the info they need.
- Triple-Check Your Spelling: Small mistakes can confuse readers and make your dealership look silly.
- Include Links: They can guide readers to more info about your cars.
To learn more about writing engaging blogs, check out this FZA Digital blog!
4. Drive People to Your Site with PPC Ads
If you want to drive customers to your showroom, you must first direct them to your website. One of the best ways to achieve this goal is by running a PPC campaign on a platform such as:
- Google Ads
Your ads should not send users to your homepage, however. Instead, they should direct people to a purpose-built landing page. Your landing page should contain:
- The date and location of your sales event
- A description of your deals and promotions
- Frequently asked questions about the sales event
- Pictures and videos of the cars that will go on sale, and
- A form visitors can use to register their interest in the sale
You could also update callout extensions for existing PPC campaigns to generate leads and draw attention to your sales event.
The FZA Digital team recommends paying close attention to the performance of your landing page during the first few days of your PPC campaign. If you find you are not converting as many users as you would like, you may need to make some alterations to your copy or your layout.
Need Help Marketing Your Dealership? Contact the Experts at FZA Digital Today!
Do you need help marketing your next sales event? If so, please do not hesitate to reach out to the experts at FZA Digital. Weve been helping auto dealerships drive sales and generate leads online for years, and wed love to add your name to our long list of satisfied clients!
To speak with a member of our team, all you need to do is give us a call at (424) 232-0810 or fill in our short contact form. We look forward to working with you!
[Video] How To Market and Promote Car Dealership Events
Watch our YouTube video on “How To Market and Promote Car Dealership Events”!