Every year, millions of companies use Google Ads to promote their goods and services. It’s easy to see why. The popular platform offers a range of exciting benefits, such as:
- Broad Reach: Google handles more than 2 trillion searches per year.
- Affordability: Companies can generate leads and drive sales with just about any budget on Google Ads.
- Total Control: Google offers users almost complete control over just about every aspect of their PPC campaigns.
- Rapid Results: Organizations can begin driving traffic and making sales in as little as a few days using Google Ads.
- Clear Data: Google Ads provides businesses with tons of data to show them how their campaigns performed.
Ready to dive in and enjoy the many benefits of Google Ads? Not so fast!
If you want to achieve the best possible results from your PPC campaign, you’ll need to make sure the content of your ad is clear and compelling. To achieve this goal, all you need to do is follow these four tips:
There is almost always a direct correlation between the specificity of PPC ads and their conversion rate. Vague advertisements that do a poor job of providing users with information seldom lead to clicks.
When writing ads for your company, it is generally best to avoid imprecise or generalized sentences like:
- “We offer a range of shoes.”
- “Contact us for legal services.”
- “Shop our selection of furniture.”
- “We stock tons of car parts.”
Instead, be specific. These sentences will deliver much better results:
- “We offer a range of affordable running shoes.”
- “Contact us for immigration assistance.”
- “Shop our selection of wood tables and chairs.”
- “We stock tons of batteries, spark plugs, mufflers, and brakes.”
Be sure to direct those who click on your ad to a landing page that offers the same level of specificity as your content. Users who click on ads that offer “affordable running shoes” expect to find just that on the other side.
Outline Features and Benefits
Google users will not click on your ad just because it appears on their screen. You need to give them a reason to take this step
One of the best ways to entice people to click on your ads is by providing them with an overview of the features or benefits your product or service offers.
The following sentences will convince shoppers to click on your ads:
- “Our refrigerators come with a ten-year warranty.”
- “Save 25 percent when you insure your car with us.”
- “Our chocolate is fair-trade and organic.”
- “Get free oil changes for three years when you buy a car from us.”
You can also consider telling users about any awards your products have won to entice them to visit your website.
Include a Compelling Call to Action
When writing your ad, take some time to think about the action you would like users to take after seeing it. Do you want them to visit your website to learn more? Would you like them to call to book an estimate? Maybe you’d like them to purchase your product today?
Whatever the case, do not leave them guessing. Tell users what their next move ought to be.
You can provide customers with this information by including a compelling call to action (CTA) in your ad. The following CTAs are highly effective:
- “Find everything you need to know about this new product on our website.”
- “Give us a call today to schedule your free in-home estimate!”
- “Buy today to enjoy free two-day shipping!”
The more compelling your call to action is, the more likely it is that Google users will visit your site, call for an estimate, or buy your product.
Use Ad Extensions
Google places strict limits on the number of characters you can use in the headlines and descriptions of your ads. However, you can expand the size of your advertisements by using ad extensions.
Extensions are additional snippets of information you can include in ads to make them more valuable to shoppers.
Google Ads currently offers the following types of ad extensions:
- Call extensions
- Sitelink extensions
- Message extensions
- Callout extensions
- Structured snippet extensions
- Affiliate location extensions
- Price extensions
- Promotion extensions
- App extensions
- Location extensions
If, for example, you opt to include a promotion extension in your advertisement, Google will add an icon underneath your main text to highlight your latest deal. This icon will take on one of the following four formats:
- $X off product or service type.
- X% off product or service type.
- Up to $X off product or service type.
- Up to X% off product or service type.
There is no extra charge for using these extensions. As such, you should typically include at least a few in your ads to make them stand out on the results page.
Contact FZA Digital for Help with Your Next Google Ads Campaign
Are you having trouble composing the perfect ad for your company’s next PPC campaign? No worries! The marketing experts at FZA Digital are here to help. Our team has been writing highly effective ads for businesses like yours for years.
To learn more about our services, give us a call at (424) 229-2923 or fill in our brief online contact form. We look forward to assisting you!