4 Ways to Lower Your Google Ads CPC
Millions of companies throughout the world use Google Ads to drive sales and generate leads. If yours is one of them, youve probably spent time looking over your analytics, trying to find ways to lower your cost-per-click (CPC).
You no longer need to wonder. The FZA Digital team is here to walk you through four of the best ways to lower your Google Ads CPC.
1. Use Long-Tail Keywords
When trying to lower your dealerships Google Ads CPC, it is vital to pay close attention to the keywords you are bidding on. Generally speaking, the more competitive your chosen keywords are, the more you will have to pay to win the auction.
Short and broad keywords like “new cars,” “car repair,” and “dealership” tend to have the highest costs. As such, if you want to reduce your Google Ads CPC, shift away from these terms in favor of long-tail keywords, such as:
- “New Toyota Camry for sale”
- “Steering and suspension repair in [CITY]”
- “Reputable Honda dealership near me”
Long-tail keywords like these generally have much lower costs than their broad counterparts. People who search for these phrases are also more likely to convert into paying customers.
To find the right long-tail keywords for your company, you can use the Keyword Planner or look through related Google searches.
2. Increase Your Quality Score
Your Quality Score is the rating Google gives to the relevance of your PPC ads and the layout and usability of your website.
Google considers the following factors when calculating your Quality Score:
- The relevance of the text in your PPC ads
- The expected click-through rate (CTR) of your PPC ads
- The experience users will have on your website or landing page
- The historical performance of your company’s Google Ads account, and
- The relevance of your selected keywords to their ad groups
Google uses your Quality Score to determine the cost of your PPC ads. The higher your rating, the less you must pay for each click.
You can use the following techniques to boost your Quality Score:
- Write descriptive and relevant ad copy
- Include a compelling call-to-action in your ads
- Add appropriate ad extensions where possible
- Build a dedicated landing page for your ads
- Improve your website’s loading speeds
To learn more about how to boost your Quality Score, check out our blog on the topic. It features tons of actionable tips and helpful examples.
3. Use New Keyword Match Types
When creating a PPC campaign in Google Ads, you must select a keyword match type. Your choice tells Google how selectively you want to match your ads to users’ search phrases.
Google Ads offers three main keyword match types. They are:
- Broad Match: Ads can appear on Google searches related to your keywords, even if the search does not contain your keywords.
- Phrase Match: Ads can appear on searches related to the general meaning of your keywords.
- Exact Match: Ads can appear on searches with the same meaning or intent as your keywords.
Broad match is the default setting in Google Ads. However, it does not always offer the lowest CPC. You may be able to lower your advertising costs by using phrase match or exact match for some or all of your keywords.
Unfortunately, reducing your Google Ads CPC by editing your keyword match types is not an exact science. You will probably need to experiment with your settings for a few weeks before finding a setup that works well for you and your market.
4. Make Strategic Bid Adjustments
When striving to lower your CPC, it can help to get into the minds of the people you want to click on your ads. In particular, consider:
- The locations in which they live and work
- The devices they typically use, and
- The days and times they are likely to search for your products
Once you have this information in mind, you can adjust the location, time, date, and device preferences for your PPC ads. By optimizing your Google Ads strategy in this way, you can ensure your ads show for the right users at the best times and decrease your cost-per-click.
As with editing your match types, adjusting your location, time, date, and device settings is not an exact science. You may need to experiment with your preferences for a while before you find an optimal strategy.
Contact the Experts at FZA Digital for Help with Your Next PPC Campaign
The skilled marketing team at FZA Digital has been assisting companies like yours with their Google Ads campaigns for years. We know what it takes to drive sales and generate leads online. If you need help lowering your CPC, please do not hesitate to contact us online or give us a call at (424) 232-0810. We can’t wait to hear from you!